Education & Training
MCASS currently offers Education & Training programs for the community through our outstanding partner the YMCA.
Newcomer Youth Leadership Development (NYLD) Program
NYLD is designed to help newcomer youth have a positive settlement experience and become engaged members of the community. NYLD offers a safe, supportive, and fun environment where you can meet new people, build new skills and get involved in your new home.
NYLD is a group-based program that runs year round. Newcomer youth groups meet weekly with a staff advisor to participate in a variety of activities including:
- Leadership training
- Social, creative and recreational activities
- Visits to popular city attractions
- Volunteering in the YMCA and community
- Workshops from staff and guest speakers on a variety of topics
- Celebrations for special occasions, holidays and festivals
- Youth-led special events
Newcomer Youth Internship (NYI) Program
Are you a current participant or alumni of the Newcomer Youth Leadership Development (NYLD) Program? Gain practical work experience and give back to your community through the NYI Program!
The program offers you many benefits:
- Strengthen your leadership skills by supporting a youth advisor during NYLD activities
- Make a difference by developing and facilitating your own community project
- Build your teamwork skills by working on a group project with other interns
- Become employment-ready by attending valuable professional development workshops and training sessions
- Earn a competitive hourly pay rate
You can customize your internship with the choice to focus on one of the four following streamlines:
- Outreach and Promotion
- Program Development and Facilitation
- Program Evaluation and Reporting
- Not-for-Profit Administration
To learn more about the programs or for a referral, please take a look at the YMCA’s website (https://ymcagta.org/youth-programs/youth-leadership-programs/newcomer-youth-leadership-development-program), email us at email@example.com, or call us at (416)-907-9407 to speak with someone directly.
Children and young persons receiving our programs and services have rights outlined by the Ontario Government. You may read about them here: Children and young persons’ rights resource | Ontario.ca